Sunday, May 26, 2013

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

There should be the feeling of summer by now but it has been cold, windy and wet.  Hope that's not a sign of what summer will be like this year.

The state I live in once had license plates which proclaimed it to be Vacationland.  The town I live in is a tourist town.  At this time of year everyone around me is on vacation.  Even though I live just a few steps from the ocean  when I am on vacation I usually choose a place on the ocean.

#1.  VACATION



#2.  FOOD -  Food trucks are popping up all over the city.  Wicked Good is an expression used around these parts and in the case of this food truck it refers to its two sided menu -  items you really shouldn't eat but want to and those which are  healthy choices.



#3.  SOUND -  How do you photograph sound?  It's not like you're going to hear anything.  The first thing that popped into my mind was the Simon and Garfunkle song  Sound of Silence.  Seemed like a good idea to me at the time.



#4.  TEXTURE

A walk around the harbor reveals many items with great texture.



5.  ANYTHING -  This weekend  we pay special tribute and thanks to those who have served our country.  We are eternally grateful to those brave men and women who continue to serve us today.  And to their families .  We thank you for the sacrifices you make to protect us.



I'll be joining Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Why don't you come along too.

15 comments:

  1. Oh I love that song!! That beach looks so welcoming too - only 40 degrees here right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo set. And yes, the sound of silence image is my favorite. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome set. Love that barn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your vacation shot is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your interpretations! Love the sound and the flag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love food trucks! Seriously, I spent the last week hunting down a Korean taco truck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so, between the beach shot, the "wicked good" food truck and the cobblestones, I put you in new england...I'm in woburn, outside of Boston - what about you?
    Just love your take on sound...and love simon and garfunkel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want a street kitchen by me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done - love that patriotic Anything shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My house theme is Americana! One can't go wrong with the Red, White and Blue. I love you first picture and to see the ocean one day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all these shots! I'm a little envious of anyone who lives by the ocean! I especially love the last one, perfect for this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great interpretations. I like that sound of silence. You do live in a magical place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh I like that last shot. Very cool barn. Nice beach shot too. I hear you on the cold weather. Maybe that will keep the tourists away a little longer....that would be nice, but I doubt it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the patriotic barn/shed! Beautiful.

    I don't live anywhere near the ocean, nor do we visit very often. Luckily I do have gorgeous mountains nearby. I thought of "the sounds of silence" too, but ended up photographing a symbols for sound instead.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was a great set from start to finish. You are so lucky to live close to the ocean. Loved your interpretation of Sound (S&G are one of my favorite groups).

    ReplyDelete