Sunday, June 2, 2013

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

What's more difficult -  using prompts someone has given you or being free to pick any five you choose?  I must have changed my mind a hundred times this week.  Too many choices.  I finally had to stop and have decided to go with these:

#1.  RIPPLES -   Do you remember Ripple wine -  popular back in the 70's. -  and cheap.  It was popular with the college students.  Well,  I don't have Ripple wine but here are ripples in the sand.  They make an interesting pattern especially with the shadow.



2.  BURIED -  we're not going to dig up any bodies here but a stormy winter buried the beach fence in the sand  and several sections are broken.



3.  EXTRA TERRESTIAL  -  these alliums getting ready to bloom look like they came from an extra terrestrial's garden.



#4  WHIMSICAL  -  You don't often see a mailbox like this one.  Will Kermit be sending a love note?



#5.  JUICY  -  The warmer weather has brought a much better selection of fruits to the market .  Here's one of my favorites.




Please visit Scavenger Hunt Sunday this week.

12 comments:

  1. Allium! My favorite flower! I need to find some to photograph for this season - love the sand pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic set - love the budding flowers and boy, do those grapes look good. Heck, the beach shots - please and thank you, I'll take some of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that grapes shot, how you filled the frame, but your lead shot with shadows and lines-that's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your first shot is wonderful!! Makes me want to walk there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those beach shots Stephanie. and you're right, the allum does look like it's from another planet. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos!! I love that first one and, unfortunately, I do remember Ripple wine. Lol. I think you are right. It is almost easier to have someone give specific prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creative post, Stephanie! I like the sand and shadows in the ripple picture too. The eye has to ripple to get to the pretty blue water. I hope you share a picture of the allims when they bloom. I have no comment on the mailbox picture. I would have done the same as you. Great job capturing the water drops on the grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always been a sucker for those beach shots....and yes, I do remember Ripple wine. Great choices this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these are beautiful! That mailbox is fantastic and those flowers are so pretty! Great captures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is Ripple Wine anything like Boone's Farm?
    Loved your beach ripple's though.
    That is a very cute and fun mailbox.
    Grapes are yummy but oh so expensive when not in season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too had too many shots to choe from - sure glad there's prompts for next week. :)
    LOVE that first shot! It makes me want to be at the beach.
    The alliums and Miss Piggy both brought smiles to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've chosen well - all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete