It's Friday and time to round up some of those Random Thoughts that have been swirling around in your head all week.
1. I came down with a case of Fall Fever this week. Symptoms are similar to Spring Fever when you just want to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather. With only my camera as a companion I jumped in the car and set off on a little journey. I ultimately ended up in a town 30 miles from home but I drove 140 miles to get there and back since I explored a lot of back roads along the way.
I found some lovely sights along the way.
2. One of my mother's frequent expressions was "Wait till the cows come home". I thought that was a silly thing to say since we lived in an apartment building in the city and there would be no cows coming home there. On my little road trip though I did see the cows coming home.
3. I encountered a lot of wild turkeys wandering around. They better watch out - bird hunting season started this week and their days are numbered. I read in the paper this morning that 25 years ago there weren't many turkeys in this state and now the population has exploded so they raised the limit for hunters.
4. One of my favorite things to photograph is a fence and I saw plenty that day. It's hard for me to get a good shot of barbed wire. I'll have to work on that .
5. Finding a good dilapidated building to shoot always makes me stop.
So that was the highlight of my week. I hope you had some fun this week too.
Sharing these thoughts with Nancy for Random Five Friday and with Kim at Friday FInds.