Nancy at A Rural Journal is so kind to let us ramble on with our random thoughts. This is what I have been mulling over this week.
1. What is it about sunflowers that makes me stop and snap a photo. I swore I was done for this year with the hundred photos I had taken but then I found these huge sunflowers right around the corner from me. They reached to the second floor of the building and had enormous heads. Some looked really good and some were past their prime (like me). Those are the ones I photographed.
2. Our town spent a lot of time and money getting "beautified" this year. Flowers were planted along both sides of our little bridge and I wondered if they would last the summer. They did and they look darn good.
3. I found a fence this week that was just perfect for a photo op and I found this guy on it.
4. Yesterday there was a house here. A really nice house. It was sold about two years ago for somewhere in the $800,000 range. The new owner spent 9 months doing a major renovation. Weeks were spent building a gorgeous fieldstone chimney and the landscaping was lovely. It went on the market again this summer for over $1 Million and sold in a matter of days. This is what it looks like today.
The new owners just wanted the lot (ocean view) and they will build something bigger and better and certainly more expensive. This whole thing blows my mind.
5. When I woke up this morning my mind was blank and I didn't think I had anything to say here today .
If you have thoughts to share join Nancy at Random 5 Friday.