Monday, August 5, 2013

Love Forever Locked



Saturday afternoon I took my camera to the city.  It was getting a little bored on the home turf and needed a change of scenery.  It's a city on a peninsula and on a nice summer afternoon a lovely breeze comes off the water.

That's where I found the Love Fence.


Couples hang their locks with their names or initials and throw away the key  -  forever locked in love.


 Some find this romantic and some have considered it an eyesore on the waterfront.  Which side would you fall on?


texture courtesy  of Kim Klassen  (kk-0101)




I've been playing along at Susanna Conway's August Break and it just so happened the prompt for Sunday was Love.  I got that one covered.

August Break for Monday August 5  -  CloseUp



If you want to take a break this month and play along click the box for details.


The August Break 2013


Also visiting with Nancy for Tuesday Muse and Kim for Texture Tuesday.



14 comments:

  1. Those fences and gates full of locks are so poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie,

    I had never heard of fences of love before! What a wonderful idea and photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat shots of the fences of love! What a cool idea. Thanks for sharing, have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a romantic idea. However, it blocks a lovely view of the water and the boats. It's sort of narcissistic too. I would rather see the view than a bunch of old locks...I would imagine things being how they are that about half those locks are not even together anymore...sorry. I guess I sound sort of cynical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of doing this but don't think there's a place like that near our area. I think it's a sweet and romantic idea and would hang a lock for my husband and me. I need new photo fodder too. The home place is getting used up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the idea of love forever locked. wonder how many of these folks are still together. it's too hot here to go out and look for photo ops and i'm getting itchy fingers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen a Fence of Love before. Interesting. Hope you have a wonderful week, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool. Where is that fence? I want to go there too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the idea of the fence - I am guessing that the wire fence would be there regardless and the locks add art/color/story/interest. Lovely! You got some nice shots of it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's a delightful idea -- it's not like a chain link fence provides much beauty by itself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that's wonderful! It's different and should be seen as a "tourist attraction," in my opinion. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this idea in some movie but I can't remember which one...I think it's a sweet and romantic idea....Gives an artsy feel to the fence.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fence of love! Now that's a heart warming idea :) Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete