Sunday, March 24, 2013

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

First day of spring was this week and we celebrated here with a new dumping of snow.  Since it was a snow day I decided it was time to clean up the art room and that's where I found all the things I needed for this week's hunt.

#1.  Asian -  these fortune cookies are pretty old .  I had saved them just in case I need a fortune for a collage.



#2.  Wavy -  Do you Zentangle?  It's a form of doodling -  usually done with a black pen and some shading with a pencil.  I use a lot of wavy lines when I zentangle.



#3.  Draw -  I have a large collection of colored pencils for drawing -  watercolor pencils,  chalk pencils,  oil pencils and plain old pencils.  You would think I do a lot of drawing but just between us -  I don't.



#4  Soft -  I had to do some digging to find something soft but here's my gel medium.  I comes in soft, regular and extra heavy.


#5  Texture -  I used a lot of burlap in projects  this year.  I had picked up a huge pile of it at a yard sale this summer.  Burlap and lace was  a pretty popular combination this year.


So, the hunt is now over and I actually got a lot of drawers cleaned out . 

Come on over to Ashley's Scavenger Hunt.



 If you haven't yet joined in the hunt, why not jump in next week.

15 comments:

  1. I have a lot of colored pencils but don't do a whole lot of drawing too..I have seen people do that type of doodling with colored pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your drawings are wonderful, and while we have a house filled with color pencils, drawing pencils, pain, oils, brushes - I am about as artistic as a board. (daughter on the other hand is very blessed in this regard). Enjoyed all of your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zentangling looks cool. I doodle a lot, non artistically. I'm going to have to check that out. I love the burlap and I am always a sucker for colored pencils. I love'em, I just don't use them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo set. We have a common collection of pencils. I also have more art markers than I will ever use. Soon there will be more time for drawing for me. I love the Zentangle, but have never done that. It looks very creative. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's especially fun when all the images have a theme! Great set and very creative ideas! My favorite it the zentangle shot. I love how you composed this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative ideas and lovely photos. I don't can't draw myself but, I like collecting coloured pencils, too. Not as massive as yours though. lol

    Have a great week ahead!

    Scudds

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like fortune cookies but I love Zentagle more... yes, I Zentagle and I love to doodle in my art journal. Great hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like not only are you an artist with the camera, but in many other ways as well. Love that colored pencil shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those drawings are amazing! Love the colored pencils, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your entries this week. I haven't heard of Zentangle. That's cool! I might just have to try that one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your entries are great but like the others I love Zentangle....I have tried this in several journals and it is so relaxing.....Sometimes I use paint pens as well as black and white pens....

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are of like minds today with the fortune cookies and the pencils! :)
    I've done a little Zentangle. Love yours! Is that little book all Zentangle - nice work!
    Burlap speaks texture in volumes - what a wonderful choice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your wavy picture is cool and totally would have worked for draw as well! I used to trace the outside of my hand and then doodle on the inside. Would that be considered a zentangle?

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol....congratulations of getting a lot of drawers cleaned out! Congrats on great choices for the prompts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovin' your zentangle is great, I have never attempted that, but it looks quite cool.

    ReplyDelete