Sunday, January 20, 2013

Scavenger Hunt Sunday



The first item on this week's list is  BASKET.  That was pretty easy.  I had a couple basket shotsn and here's one of them.



Now the list gets more difficult.  The next item is PARK.   Well, it's the middle of winter here and the parks are like frozen tundras.




Number 3 is AUTO.  I thought about the different meanings and couldn't come up with a "good" idea.  Out with the husband on Saturday morning I was bemoaning the fact that I still didn't have my AUTO shot.  He pointed in front of us and said "What about that?".  So here it is.....



You can hardly tell the windshield of our car was filthy.

We RECYCLE at home but nobody wants to see a picture of our dirty recycling bins.  While I was sitting in the car waiting for the husband to come out of the store this guy appeared and I took advantage of the opportunity.  It was kind of a lazy shot.


Last item is PEOPLE WATCHING.  I left this till Saturday afternoon.  Now I had to go out and find some people.  I went to the parts of town where there would most likely be people  but not a soul was around.  Really?  Where did they all go?   I went to our local skating area.  Surely on Saturday afternoon the kids would be out.  Not one.  So I went to the next town, and then the next town.  Where was everybody?  I drove to a town 35 miles away and finally there were people out enjoying the day.  And I was able to sit in my car and watch them.  What I don't do for Scavenger Hunts!



I already looked at next week's list.  I think it's going to be a lot easier for me. 

Check out the other hunters at Scavenger Hunt Sunday.

21 comments:

  1. There were some baskets !!!! Lovely winter photos all !

    http://nukkekotinukke.blogspot.fi/2013/01/scavenger-hunt-sunday-201.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that man pushing a stroller on ice skates?! Nice collection, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the potato baskets. Something ordinary made oh so interesting! The people watching photo is great, too. I discovered your lovely blog via the Scavenger Hunt and look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treasure trove of shots while out with your husband - nicely spotted and photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice of your husband to help! I love that the man is punching a stroller while ice skating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need to chill on driving 35 miles for a shot. wow girl. I love your take on auto and what the hell are you going to do with all those potatoes? Is there an army coming to billet and no one has told me? Have a great day Stephanie. Hope that cold has finally let go of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outstanding, I love your Car shot and the potatoes. I've never seen so many potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. boy that's a lot of potatoes in one place and I love that winter park scene.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH WOW!!! That basket shot is AMAZING!!!! And love your auto shot - very creative :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This week was difficult for me too. But you did great and wow I love your basket shot! That's a lot of potatoes!

    I think next week will be easier too. I hope so anyway. I, like you, finished my list last night!

    Happy hunting!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds... especially those impromptu ones - AUTO & RECYCLING. Hope this week's words are easier for you. Have a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great takes on the prompts! I love the guy skating with a stroller. That is funny and practical.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you were persistent for that people shot - a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That basket shot is perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, that's a lot of potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can take you to a car show where you would see as many cars as potatoes in those baskets! My 57 Chevy is a BelAir, that's a 210, no white trim in the fins and not as much chrome. Still a fun shot in the middle of winter when wer tuck your classics away till springtime.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, that is a lot of potatoes. I think you did a great job finding subjects for all the prompts, I can't believe the lengths you went to just to get the one shot. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha! I smiled when I realized how hard you worked for this Scavenger Hunt. Sounds like something I would do if I couldn't find a photo op easily! :) You DID get cool shots!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! These are wonderful shots, Stephanie. Really love the first.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your shots are amazing. I LOVE the basket shot. But I have to say they are all great...

    Linda~

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great shots - love the potatoes and the car photo made me laugh a little.

    ReplyDelete