"I wish I had an old bike", she said wistfully.
"Whatever for?", he asked. "You never rode the one you had".
"I don't want to ride it", she replied rolling her eyes. "I want an old one for the yard".
He would point out old bikes at the flea markets and antique stores but she would find a problem with all of them. Too expensive, she would tell him. She wanted it cheap and with a basket and a bell.
One night after dinner he said, "Go look out the window".
She was already comfy in her chair. "Why would I want to look out the window? It's dark and I'm reading."
He insisted and she humored him by going to the window.
This is what she found.
Day 8 of 365
1. A fresh snow fall looks so pretty of the first few hours - clean and unspoiled.
I don't know why but it always reminds me of a Mae West quote:
"I was Snow White until I drifted."
2. In the fall I had to take a picture of every sunflower in town. Now it's the red berries that I'm addicted to.
3. Other people's trash becomes my treasure.
Day 9 of 365
4. Nancy, our Random 5 hostess, may be planning to win the Publisher's Clearing House sweeps but I am counting on getting HGTV's Dream Home. If you read the beginning of this post you'll know wishes do come true.
5. I'm celebrating my birthday this weekend. Gosh, these birthdays are coming faster and faster.
Everyone looks forward to Fridays, not just because the weekend will start but because it's time to visit with Kim at Friday Finds and Nancy at Random 5 Friday.